Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pancho Villa of San Mateo

I totally thought I put this in my blog already but I guess I was mistaken...

I had a volleyball tournament this weekend in San Mateo and its a tradition that my mom and I go to this taqueria in San Mateo called Pancho Villa. I first went there with my mom after i told her my favourite type of food was (and still is) Mexican food. She said, "If you think you like Mexican food now, wait till you go to Pancho Villa." I honestly had no idea how good it was going to be. It was (and still is) the best salsa I have ever eaten and the best horchata I have ever drank. For any gringos out there, horchata is a rice milk with cinnamon that is the best way to cool off your mouth after some really hot jalapeƱos.

There salsa bar is HUGEEEEE!!! Like 25 different salsas all at 3 different temperatures; mild, medium and hot. They're salsa is so good that it has won the award for best salsa in Bay Area for the last 9 years in a row. They have all of the medals plaqued on their wall.

Not only are their horchata and their salsa to die for, their food is the best, hands down. I usually get a burrito when I go because they are so huge and filling. Not to mention they put me to sleep on the way home;) But i was feeling bold and decided to order the most expensive thing on the menu; The Steak, Grilled Salmon and Garlic Prawns Combo Plate.

It was far better than I expected despite the high expectations I already have of their food. It was just the most amazing meal ever!!!!!!:) The steak was perfect and the salmon was better than that! The garlic on the prawns made the meal so flavorful. Que sabroso!!

I said it was the most expensive thing on the menu... It was only 15 bucks for a meal the fed me for 2 days. I eat ALOTTT so that means the portions were huge :))))) yummmzzzzzzzyyyyy


If you ever want to get the best food your ever going to have throughout your whole life, THEN GO TO PANCHO VILLA even if you don't conveniently have a volleyball tournament 1 free-way exit away hahaha!!!! Its in San Mateo at 365 South B Street. Get directions on google and your taste buds will love you<333

2 comments:

  1. I like how you topped off your description of a perfect steak with one that says the salmon was more than perfect. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude salmon? man i love salmon. Reading this makes me wish I lived in san mateo for a couple of days... yumyum

    ReplyDelete